Ever wondered what benefits macrame has apart from the fact that it is a fun craft? It is a good form of exercise for your hands – wrists and fingers. Your joints alternatively remain loose and tight in accordance with the knots you tie. You can try macrame art to relax at the end of a tiring day. An eco-friendly environment makes your process of relaxing even better. So, we have put the two together and brought to you the process of making a macrame plant hanger. Now you can easily relax in an eco-friendly environment.
Basic Macrame Plant Hanger Tutorial
- Braided Polypropylene Cord or Craft Cord – 45 yards; 6 mm thick
- 1 Metal Ring – Size 2.25
Steps To Make The Macrame Plant Hanger
- To start with making the plant hanger, you need to cut the cords into perfectly sized pieces. Cut 4 cords each 7 yards long. Follow it up with cutting 4 cords each 3 yards long. Finally cut 2 cords 1-yard long each.
- Use a different or scrap macrame cord to tie the eight cords which are 4 yards long. But, do not tie the ends together. Measure the midpoint of each of these cords carefully and tie them in the middle.
- Next, you have to take the metal ring and place the tied up cords at the center and tie a wrapping knot at 3 inches.
- After tying them together, separate the cords into four groups each one having 2 long cords and 2 short cords.
- Use 2 long knotting cords and 2 short filler cords to tie a square knot of one group of cords close to the wrap.
- Repeat the same technique to tie square knots with the other 3 groups of cords.
- Drop down by 5 inches and construct a row of alternating square knots. This is to connect the sinnets and begin constructing the basket.
- Repeat the same by dropping down by 2 inches.
- You will also need to tie another row of alternating square knots accordingly so that the macrame plant hanger gets enough support while hanging from the top.
- Now, using the 1-yard cords fuse the ends together and secure them tightly so that none of the knots have any chance of hanging loose and unraveling.
- Add a plant to your macrame plant hanger and test it first. Once it feels secure enough, hang it from the ceiling or in your balcony and sit back and relax.
Benefits Of The Macrame Plant Hanger
- It gives you an opportunity to add a plant to your home and to the environment. Thus, you are working towards saving the environment.
- The plant present in your home gives you oxygen and purifies the air.
- The practice of macrame lets you exercise your wrist thus keeping your hands strong and pain-free.
- Both macrame art and plants help you to relax. So, after a long tiring day, you can enjoy double benefits while relaxing.
- A macrame plant hanger also looks extremely charming and adds to the decor of your house.